Skip to main content

Mono vs. Stereo Sound

What is the difference between stereo and mono recordings? What are 2 things that you found interesting in this article? Why?


Mono sound is usually used for conversational reasons like telephones and radio talk shows. It requires only one mic and it isn't super costly. Stereo sound is for music, theaters, and radios dedicated to music. It requires two special microphones and is super expensive. I found the fact that Mono is compatible with and usually found on Phonograph cylinders interesting. I also found that Mono and stereo are both found in MiniDisc interesting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LETTER TO YOURSELF

Look back at your experience over the last two years here at Film/Video Production. Reflect on what you've learned, accomplished, the friends you've made and compose a letter to yourself on the first day of class in the beginning class. Imagine that this letter couple be delivered to yourself on that day and he/she could read it. What advice would you give your past self? Would you tell them they are going to have a great experience? What would you warn them about? Dear Angela from the beginning of second semester,       Here is some advice before going into this class: don't let being the new student stop you from expressing your opinions. The people in this class are very open and welcoming. Don't be afraid of them. They probably won't judge you for having ideas. It's okay to be wrong. It's better to say something than say nothing. You know more than you think you may know. This class is going to be a lot of fun but also really stressful. Be prepare...

3-POINT LIGHTING

What are three key points that the presenter makes about lighting? Why are each of them important? What is one point that you would like to learn more about? Hair lights separate the subject from the background. It makes the body pop out and frame the subject. The key is the most important light. It is the strongest light that is hitting the subject. Fill lights even out the shadows. The key light is usually closest to the subject. The fill light is twice as far from the subject. 

CHARACTER ARCHETYPES

Which archetype seems easiest to write? Which do you think seems the most difficult? Why? What archetype do you understand the least? Why? What kind of hero's do you like telling stories about? I feel like the mentor is the easiest to write, seeing as they are just help so if there's a plot hole, the mentor can help fill in the background info that the audience needs. I think the main character is the most difficult. The main character has to be simple enough to be average but complex enough to stand out from society to be the main character. The shadow is something that I feel like I may struggle to do as well because I don't like to keep my antagonists as 100% bad. I need a reason for my audience to see the reason behind their actions and possibly sympathize with them.